Saturday, March 3, 2012

Somepony wanna proof read please? O,0

I wrote a short story and was wondering if I could have a litte help... Preferably from Flare, as he is a poet too. :3

The Lantern
- A VERY short story by Victory Star

It is dark.

The formless night gives nothing and my mind runs rampant, making creatures whom could never possibly exist shuffle in the stagnant breeze.

The only sound permitted is the rustling of my feet and legs, moving through the brush and racing with the wind caught in the branches of the trees.

I move with god-given speed, for tomorrow aproaches and with it comes the date we are to be wed.

The Rabbi has passed to me a lantern, for my wretched bride awaits no doubt... a thought that fills me with an eerie dread.

I move quickly now, not wasting anymore of precious oil, for a cave doth lie ahead and the demons grow hungry.

Once completed is this jorney, upon the walls of both our families many faces unfamiliar in matrimony hang among me.

And yet...

The joining was arranged. A hoax, and not a pairing made to stand on hearts desire, for in my heart of hearts doth lie the features of another.

It was her beauty that now drives me through the caves and trees and mires.

My dear beloved now departed by this witch's hand no doubt, sets my heart ablaze with fire, boiling rage doth spread throughout.

It was my father's disposition to set this woman as my bride, and with the Rabbi's jurisdiction, in my hand this lamp resides.

But this barren land forsaken, far beneath the world of man owns a light now quite apparent that does not lie in my hand.

As I exit from the cavern, through the night there rips a cry. No doubt my "heart's replacement"
By my hand whom had to die.

I had known from the begining she could only want our wealth, I approached her father's chambers unrelentless in my stealth.

Through the stale cellar window, fears confirmed, it was no lie. There layed the body of my lover and my bride who had to die.

With my hand I grasped the lantern, black as pitch for it was late, and had left it at her doorstep once I set her house ablaze.



It's a story I wrote about a jewish man following the old tradition of carrying a lantern to fetch his bride in the night, who was on his way to complete a cerimony arranged for wealth. Once there, he finds that his bride killed his love out of jealousy, and uses the lantern to set her house on fire.

Feel free to conversate bellow night owls! I shall join you! O,0

16 comments:

  1. Annnnd now I'm lonely... think I'll watch blue exorcist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could only find three spelling errors. Two e's in eerie, two r's in arrangement, and Upon the walls instead of apon. Nice work there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked the use of ye olde englishe, gave it an eerie feel to it.
    also the rhyming at the end was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That was reeeally good Vic. :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three years of English, I still like ye old English.
    Good story Vic

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could find anything wrong in this, this is amazing. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You... wasted your first cabinet post... on me sonic? *sniff* thank you!

      Delete